Friday, July 13, 2012

just another day of counting on serendipity

Of the many things i’ve read, watched, written, and thought of the past few months it has become increasingly and frustratingly harder to recall any particular quote or line and to place where I first encountered them. I do keep a record of the things that really strike  me, but there will still be things that escape me. Things that at that particular time may not be so relevant or useful, but somehow manage to be called up by my consciousness at random, relevant instances.

Currently it’s this line or what I remember of it “up until now she never used her condition to wound me”. Those may not be the exact words, but you get my drift. Did all the available, practical, and logical ways to look for it, but to no avail. At first I highly suspected it might be from Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, but my word search for “wound” turned up nothing. How reliable are those searches anyway?

Actually it’s not that important whether I find the source or not given that it has nothing to do with what I plan to build up from those lines, but it’s one of those things that gnaw at me til I crack it or at least shut it up. It’s like a simple riddle from my childhood that I can’t answer, mocking my mental faculties. So if only for that, I need need need to find that damned source.

But my patience is running thin, and i’m just flat out defeated right now so here I go with this post. My last resort. It’s me leaving a note out there, hoping that the answer will find me in one sweet serendipitous event.


No comments:

Post a Comment