Saturday, July 14, 2012

Norah Jones 'Happy Pills'

Another lazy Saturday here at home. After a busy work/schoolweek, it's pretty hard to convince any of my siblings to go out of the house. So yeah, I also have to live under this lazy cloud that's hovering over them every Saturday.

Sometimes it pisses me off, 'cause idleness isn't an atmosphere you want around you, but then there are days like this when staying at home isn't so bad, and I actually feel great about just being in my pj's all day, stretched out on the bed, taking extra long to do everything, or just plain not doing anything.

Maybe it's because I stayed out til late last night, maybe it's the weather, or maybe it's just being 25 and not caring about not filling my time with the parties and all the activity that I used to crave when I was much younger.

or maybe, it's just one of those days.

Actually, i'll leave it at that and not over-analyze it.

Right now i'm just going to relish the feeling of being at home on a Saturday night, the promise of rain in the air, lazing on my bed, in my floral pink pajamas that's three sizes too big, going through the length of my Tumblr dash like it's the most important thing in the world, waiting for my McNuggets (!!!) to arrive, meanwhile enjoying Norah Jones' silky, jazzy voice about realizing someone's not good for you and finally giving them the boot.

Happy pills.
Sounds just about right and perfect.
Welcome to my blissful Saturday.
 


Never said we’d be friends,
Trying to keep myself away from you,
‘Cause you’re bad, bad news.
With you gone, I’m alive,
Makes me feel like I took happy pills,
And time stands still.

How does it feel?
Oh how does it feel to be the one shut out?
You broke all the rules.
I won’t be a fool for you no more my dear.


No comments:

Post a Comment