Friday, January 4, 2013

Footprints: Day 4


Along with this photo journal, I've also started a logbook this year. The idea came from Austin Kleon of Steal Like an Artist fame. The idea is to keep track of things that happen during the day, simple facts of the who-what-where type.

According to Kleon,
But more importantly, keeping a simple list of who/what/where means I write down events that seem mundane at the time, but later on help paint a better portrait of the day, or even become more significant over time. By “sticking to the facts” I don’t pre-judge what was important or what wasn’t, I just write it down.

For someone who has the tendency to nitpick on certain events right through their many twists and turns, journaling has become a tedious and exhausting exercise, so the idea of "sticking to the facts" immediately appealed to me. Also add to that how much I love making lists, and this whole idea of having logbook becomes a no-brainer for me. I will still keep a journal of course, but for the most part this logbook will do.


**Footprints is a photo journal that I started this 2013. Basically I just take and post photos of practically anything that best captures my mood/thoughts/activities on a particular day. It's an exercise both in mindfulness and creativity not to mention a wonderful reminder to be grateful for each and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment